David A. Weinstein, Esq. practices in the areas of Business Law, Internet Law, Computer Law, Banking Law, Commercial Transactions Law, Health Care Law, Franchise Law and Intellectual Property Law. In addition, Mr. Weinstein has had extensive experience representing a variety of major financial institutions in both the credit card and the charge card industries. Mr. Weinstein also served as General Counsel for Ion Broadcasting Corporation.
Mr. Weinstein was also Chief Executive Officer of Tekflow Inc., a company that provides comprehensive business technology solutions and consulting services to technology and investment banking companies. As a technology consultant, Mr. Weinstein has many years of experience providing corporations with practical, comprehensive technology business solutions. He has consulted on numerous business development projects in the banking, educational, energy, software, telecommunications, and high technology industries.
Mr. Weinstein presently serves on the Board of Advisors to Duration Inc., a multinational software development company.
Mr. Weinstein has served as the Chairman of the Electronic Funds Transfer Committee of the American Bar Association’s Section of Science and Technology and was Vice-Chairman of the American Bar Association’s Section of Science and Technology Computer Crime Committee. Mr. Weinstein was a member of the New Jersey State Bar Association’s Business Law Section, Intellectual Property Law Section as well as the Internet and Computer Law Committee. Mr. Weinstein was a member of the New York State Bar Association’s Intellectual Property Law Section, Internet Law Committee and the Technology Transfer and Licensing Committee. Mr. Weinstein was also a member of the New York State Bar Association’s Business Law Section’s, Committee on Corporations and other Business Entities and the New York State Bar Association’s International Law and Practice Section . In addition, Mr. Weinstein has also published numerous articles on a variety of legal topics.
Mr. Weinstein received his JD from the Hofstra University School of Law in Hempstead, NY, and his BA in Political Science from Wittenberg University in Springfield, Ohio. He is admitted to practice law in New York and New Jersey. Mr. Weinstein has been admitted to appear before the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey and the United States District Court for the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York.
- A Practical View to Obtaining the Most Effective Technology Solutions for Your Client
- The New Trend in International Intellectual Property Law: The Madrid Protocol
- Joint Committee Report, prepared by the Electronic Funds Transfer Committee and Computer Crime Committee of the Section of Science and Technology of the American Bar Association: “A review of internal Revenue Service Revenue Procedure Rule 91-59,” August 1992
- “Nose of the Camel Under Our Tents”, Bulletin of Law and Science and Technology of the American Bar Association, July/August 1989 (Discussion of the use of the telephone as a tool for perpetrating a telecommunications crime)
- Contributor, Guide to the Prosecution of Telecommunication Fraud by the use of the Computer Crime Statutes American Bar Association, 1989 (A review of the existing telecommunications crime statutes as well as a guide to prosecuting a telecommunications crime using existing laws)
Selected Speaking Engagements
- Western Monmouth Chamber of Commerce, “Identity Theft”, Manalapan, NJ (October 2008)
- New Jersey Corporate Counsel Association, “The New Trend in International Intellectual Property Law: The Madrid Protocol”, Florham Park, NJ (March 2004)
- New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education Business Law Symposium, “Managing risks and costs of acquiring IT solutions” – Woodbridge, New Jersey (October, 2003)